Thursday, January 19, 2006

Clapotis pics and tiedye fun

okay! first here is the pic of the girls' morning after dyeing their shirts. Of course the redhead is mine. Now for the long-awaiting pics of Clapotis! I still plan on getting a better pic of it perhaps on my sisinlaw but for now these will suffice. still in progress: Finished and blocking overnight on Christmas Eve! Clapotis was a really fun knit and I definately see several more in my future! And I loved the yarn I used, BrooksFarm FourPlay, a wool/silk blend in the Ginger 2 colorway. It felt like heaven running thru my fingers and was so buttery and cool to the touch. Ahhh pure bliss. And for the stats, I ordered 3 hanks and used about 2.5 for Clapotis following the pattern exactly except for purling the dropped stitches and not using stitch markers. ~Recent Handspun & Dyeing Pics~ This week I've actually been sick, don't get sick very often but when I do it's bad. While I haven't been getting my spinning done I have been able to work on some crochet projects, designing for myself. I will be posting them soon on my crochet blog. I'll let you know when I do. I'll leave you with pics of my kiddos. Now that my oldest is 7, she is scaring us with how quickly time is passing. I know everyone thinks their children are the most beautiful in the world but.....she is truly becoming a knock-out! In another couple of years daddy is gonna have to start carrying a baseball bat around! God help us all then. My son is quite the cowboy now, and he wants everything camo as well so he's definately ALL BOY! The youngest is my mischief maker and comediene. She looks like a princess but don't let that fool you. She is one shrewd little girl and as smart as they come! "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." ~Psalm 13:5-6 Knit into Him, Rebecca

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynn / vigilant20 said...

I love the pictures! Especially the "I'm so full of energy I'm going to explode" look on your daughter in the first one...lol.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Woven ~N~ Spun said...

Gorgeous kids. Shirts turned out great. Bet those girls had a bunch of fun. And the Clapotis...LOVE IT. Can't wait to start mine.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Miss Knotty said...

That clapotis is just gorgeous!!! I'm so jealous. I'm on a stash diet and all I'd be allowed to knit the thing out of would be LB Homespun or RH yarn, which I have in abundance and don't want to make into something that I'd be wearing with any regularity. Bleeech. So it's just a filed-away pattern and once I have monay I'll be joining the clapotis ranks.!!!

The Tie-dyed shirts look faboo - verrry hippie!! and your kids crack me up. Your eldest - my goodness. They're gonna fall over themselves for her. Phew! Lovely.

Have a great week!!
-r

7:04 PM  
Anonymous carmen said...

Wow - i'm so impressed with that clapotis - its beautiful!!! Also - i'm jealous of that spinning wheel..I bet that's alot of fun.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Miss Knotty said...

I was only 2 hours away from you?! that's so wild!!! I don't know when 'next time' will be, but I'd love to come visit. I'd definitely venture into OK for adventures with a knitting buddy.

I've been meaning to ask you, Do you still spin with a spindle? Now that you have your wheel, I mean, do you still go back to the 'olden' days and hand spin with a spindle anymore? I would totally totally love to learn to spin. Just sayin'. :) Maybe we could make it a weekend and you could teach me? :D

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home