Friday, January 27, 2006

Thank you so much for your prayers.

My strength is here one day and I'm lagging the next but I'm continuing the antibiotics as I can tell they are helping. Now on to fiber-related events and musings. I have gone nuts lately. I've been picking up yarn and patterns left and right. Like I'm ever gonna get all these projects done, yeah well you know how it goes right? I'm a yarnaholic. So what have I added to my stash? you're asking? 8 balls of LB Landscapes wool blend at 50% off 2 HUGE balls of JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Boucle 2 balls of LB Moonlight Mohair 2 skeins Simply Soft and I just ordered 3 hanks of KnitPicks Color your own merino fingering weight wool. I also have a box of wool coming from the C'ville winter wool swap. I also got the most awesome pressie in the mail the other day from a new fiber friend; gorgeous merino & wool blend rovings to spin! But the piece de' resistance was the faboulous dyed silk roving she snuck in there too! I'm all kinds of nervous when I think of spinning it. Sooooooo afraid I'll ruin it! Think I'll pet and fondle and drool over that for awhile till I get more spinning confidence. Who knows when I'd be able to afford to buy more? For me, silk is right up there with cashmere, the stuff dreams are made of! YUMMY! I also got about 8 different patternbooks for $1 each at the big Hobby Lobby sale last week. Now your next question is probably: "what are you gonna knit with it all?" right? Hmm... some of it is planned and some of it isn't! (just realized I use alot of exclamation points! sorry! :P well 6 of the 8 balls of landscapes are in the River Crossing colorway, bought for hubby to be a scarf and hat. If you have pattern suggestions, let 'em rip. the other 2 balls in Coral Reef might become a hat for me but not anytime soon. One ball of the Rainbow Boucle in Dark Blue tones is becoming the crocheted Martha poncho for my dear momma's b-day next month. Hope to have some left over from that project. The other ball is in Berry shades and will be for a Lily Chin crochet pattern I bought awhile back, a shawl-collared jacket worked almost entirely in the round. Should be beautiful in this yarn! The Moonlight Mohair is the Purple Mountain colorway and will be joining another ball I already had to become Stitch-Diva's Mini Floral Poncho. Yes,I know it's crocheted! I'm crocheting alot right now, just in the mood I guess. Anyway I plan to wear this to a family wedding towards the end of next month. The Simply Soft? Well why not? It appeals to the side of me that can still deal with acrylics on occasion. And it's cheap for designing with. Speaking of, I designed a crocheted hat last night full of fp cables and shells. It's beautiful! I plan on writing up the pattern to sell on Crochet Pattern Roundup, the new site by RachelG. I'll probably wait till I finish the matching scarf pattern as well. Hmm...this stitch would make wonderful snug wristwarmers!! Wooohoooo!! I'll keep you informed. Soooooooooooooooo.............. anyway, you want to know what I've been working on? 1) the new hat design 2) my Romance in the Round shrug...my design (this is almost done, will wear nxt weekend!) 3) the vintage 1940's handbag to pair with the shrug. 4) my mom's Martha poncho...started today. 5) a knitted scarf and felted flower pin for a friend from my own handpainted handspun wool! (this is done and delivered!!) 6) a knitted short-row round dishcloth (this is done! I LOVED THIS PATTERN! so much fun to knit!) 7) a new dishcloth pattern called Bubble Wrap Cloth! 8) still need to finish Teddy's other mitten. 9) spinning and dyeing wool for my winter wool swap partner Jen. Of course that's not all my WIP's, just what's at the top of the heap ya know. ;) I reall love knitting dishcloths, especially fun patterns that aren't just mindless garter-stitch or stockinette. Other than the projects already listed, the biggest knitting challenge I have looming is what I've decided to knit for Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. I've drooled for what seems like forever over the Flower Basket Shawl from the 2004 Fall Interweave Knits. So I'm taking the plunge my dear readers. The wool has been ordered, I will be dyeing it first, a subtle blend of 2 or 3 shades of one color. Don't want anything too busy or you might miss the lacey pattern ya know. I'm thinking a muted aqua with a hint of sky blue and sage green, that is if I can pull that off! I am fairly new to dyeing my own stuff. Wish I was good enough to spin my own for this but I'm just not there yet. Someday, someday. Anyways, if you are still reading at this point, here's a (((((hug))))) for ya. Love you all and may all your homes be blessed. "All a man's ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart." ~Proverbs 21:2 Knit into Him, Rebecca

5 Comments:

Blogger Titine24 said...

Hello - I just discovered your blog, and the existence of the Christian Knitters Webring itself. I am enjoying your writing about our similarities (SAHM, homeschooler, fervid knitter, avid Believer, etc.) The main difference is that I live in Colorado and you are in Claremore OK, (where "Oklahoma" was set, true? I _adored_ Gordon MacRae until I met my husband). I am also scheduled in the Knitting Olympics - three tams for my kids. It will work as long as I don't have to get the boys to wear theirs.

I am blessed by your Scriptures, and appreciate your efforts to share your knit-ventures!

Also, heat applied to an infected ear (on the outside) will relieve the pressure, if not the inflammation itself. For next time.
LIH, Christine

1:10 PM  
Blogger Terri-LadySorce said...

Hi Rebecca
So glad I found your blog, althou, I get the feeling that you don't want to talk to me anymore. I don't know what I did. I really did enjoy meeting you. You are a wonderful person. What part of claremore do you live now? Was hoping that maybe we could get together again for a crochet meet up with my group.
I would like to link your blog with my blog if that is ok with you. Please let me know.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Terri, I'm glad you found my blog too! I'm sorry I did something to make you feel that way but it's absolutely not the case. I enjoyed meeting you as well and would love to get together again. And go right ahead and link away.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Miss Knotty said...

Good luck on your Knitting Olympics endeavor!!! Let us know how you're progressing with the Flower Basket Shawl!! Did you get your yarn dyed? Look forward to hearing from you soon!!! :)

-Regina

7:47 AM  
Blogger Titine24 said...

Dear Rebecca --

Are you doing ok? I am keeping you in my prayers - I look forward to the continuing posts on your blog.

I hope you return to your computer in full health soon.

Christine

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home